Jun 6, 2005

the lands of dwarfs, the lands of giants..

I am 5'8" tall. Yes, I am tall and I am not skinny. And that is what people first noticed of me, never mind the brains or the eyes, just the freaking height! And that's what they remember of me, "the huge girl."

Skinny with boobs and ass. That is how they like it here.

Sorry. I do not fit the skinny part.

I am a giant in this country. How cannot I be? Geeze! I am taller than most women here. But what sucks is that I am taller than most men, which brings about the unending comments about my height! Hey! Blame it on my genes!



I have grown up with my aunts telling me:

"You better look for a basketball player!"
"A foreigner would suit you!"
"How are u gonna get married?! You're taller than everyone?!"

Like most tall girls, i grew up conscious of my height..Heck! being friends and being around tiny girls, I felt like a freak, a giant, among the tiny little people, graceful people, small people. It would have been better if I, on a sudden reversed rotation of the planet, got discovered and became a model! But no, what I did was continue with my pathetic life and started hunching my back. Now, I'm screwed with this scoliosis!

I am really now fine with my height though. But since this year when I have, ahem, gained some "fine" weight (I am like 13o lbs), the word "dakula" (huge) really irritates and infuriates the hell out of me!



In this dwarfsville, yes, I might be huge!

But I am relatively okay in Giantsville! (where I may say, people have blond hair and blue eyes! Amen!).



This place is the capital dwarfsville with the Pinay's height ranging from the 4'9" to what they call "tall" of 5'6". And since I stand at 5'8", I am what you call a "freak of nature", and they stare at me with awe wherever I go, grunting and commenting on my height! And it irritates the hell out of me!

People would say: "Dakulaon ka!" (You're huge!)

My comeback: "Dai. Sadit ka lang." (Nope. it's just that you're small.) OUCH!

What is funny is that they all want to be a little bit taller! They don't know how much being tall screws up your fine morning!

Why am I so freakingly irritated? Earlier this morning, I hailed a jeepney, and when I was getting in, the driver said, "Ingat, dakulaon ka pati!" Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I bit my tongue from retorting, "No, I am not, you're just short and ugly, you bald-headed dwarf!"

Lucky for me, E is an inch taller.. *sigh. I guess no basketball players and foreigners for me then. J





0 Gorgeous People Said --: