Mar 7, 2006

and the question is???

“So what made you so sure?”

That was Blanzi’s question to me the other day while we were all sitting for an afternoon chitchat at Greenwich.

So, how did I know that it was him I was going to take on for the rest of my life, warts, farts and all?

It’s really tough. You really gotta make a decision that is going to affect “the rest of your life”. I went through all the wedding jitters. They were not wedding jitters. They were wedding nightmares!

I was like, “Oh, my God! What if I regret it?!”

“What if I can’t live with this decision for the rest of my life!”

And with Erbe, my friends know there was so much to consider.

I went through that until the very moment when the bridal car I was on reached the Church and I saw him standing there and all I could think about was, “Damn, is he a fine specimen of manhood or what?!” J

And the fears were gone.

Anyway, here’s how you’d know it’s him for sure:

1. Speaking for myself) I never imagined marrying any of my exes. Honestly! I was always, “Uh-uh, this is going to end soon.. so who’s next?”

2. You can imagine living a boring life with him – working, mortgage and kids.

3. You think it’s ok and even cute if he gets a paunch and he loses his hair when he reaches 50.

4. You just don’t think you would want to be with anybody else for the rest of your life or grow old with anybody else.

5. Life will be okay, whatever punches and curveballs it throws at you, as long as you are with him.

6. You believe that you can deal with his farts for the rest of your life.

7. You love him so much that you can’t imagine living life without him, whatever comes.

Basically, that is how I know. It all boils down to that. LOVE.