Dec 14, 2006

my confessed selfishness


Sometimes, I am selfish.

I am damn selfish.

It has been weeks since Reming deemed it a duty to wipe out Albay from the map. We were in Lagonoy when that happened. Erbe was busy sleeping and my daughter was fussing and crying, while I was worrying myself to early grave. It was utterly scary. I now know how Noah feels while waiting for the storm to pass... it was just for like 8 hours or so, imagine 40 days and 40 nights, and with elephants tooting their horns!

But why am I selfish?

Because I am.

Once I've learned what happened in Albay, I couldn't get enough newspapers to read the "happenings". I wonder why it's human nature to act utterly concerned and devastated when tragedy happens, but in actual truth they are relishing it. Relishing the sheer morbidity of increasing body counts, destruction, and the fact that they were untouched. Lucky. I do. I couldn't get enough of "how horrible it was." Still, there is still that humane part of me...actually emphatizing.

But that is not why I am selfish. I am because inspite of the tragedy that happened, all I could think about is how this fuck up storm inconvenienced me. Disturbed my existence.

No TV.
No Internet.
No Aircon.

Fucking boring.

And no pinoy dream academy.

I missed a lot.

I am glad though that Panky stays.