Feb 8, 2007

Mind Games

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


She's damn good at it.
My daughter.
Mind Games.

I cannot stare her down. She just looks at me like I am a weird bug or so and then turn back to whatever catches her fancy -- these days...the remote control.

These days our battle is getting her to sleep through the night. Honestly! World peace, genocide, and that dwarf in malacanang and her dirty deeds has all taken a backseat (crampy!) with my need to get her to sleep through the night. All the friggin internet sites tells me that she should be sleeping through the night now!

What's the problem?

THE PACIFIER.

Yes.

To me it's Saddam's (God rest his soul) nuclear weapons finally unearthed!

She can't sleep without having the freaking thing stuck in her mouth and if she wakes up without it... God forbid! She'd cause such a ruckus and wakes the whole house up and the wrath of God...ah...Daddy, I mean, falls down upon us mere mortals.

That's another thing.

My parents. They cannot bear to hear her cry.

I surfed the internet tonight to get tips on how to make her sleep through the night. There was this test -- WHAT IS YOUR BEST TECHNIQUE? So, I dutifully took the test hoping to get God's answer from the internet/flaming bush.

After like ten questions:

ANSWER: You are essentially the family bed. HUH?!

What the f---?!?

Later on I found out that I am the mother who prefers to have her child sleeping on the bed beside her. Apparently, in western countries, it takes a lot of heavy...extremely heavy thinking to decide (and this is a big decision, mind you), if you would have your child sleep next to you.

And I THOUGHT I HAD NO CHOICE!

Here, it's a given like yeah...farting and breathing.

Anyways, I tried it on Paige tonight. I had to tolerate her crying for like 10 minutes and hold off her pacifier.

Did I win?

No. I was too afraid to have the parents come down and grab her from me like I'm a bad, bad mama.

So after like a minute or so, I gave in. Sigh.

Told yah. Damn good at mind games.