Feb 26, 2007

The Truth about My Husband


Erbe when he was about 8 years old.
He was not always the serious guy everyone thinks he is.
I'll let you in a secret...
He is much more than the person in the box that people have put him in.
What makes my husband unique is that he is part of those rare species:
He is NOT gay. I know. Trust me, I know. (Let's not go into the explicit details)
Nor is he a priest.
Yet, he does not strut his stuff like the typical pompous male specie does.
He does not smoke several packs of cigarettes per day, nor does he like to drink alcohol or boasts of being a damn good drunk.
He does not go around criticizing and humiliating people and making a general ass of himself.
He does not go around disrespecting and reducing women to boobs and asses.
He does not have 50 copies of Playboy magazine or FHM.
He does not go around saying, "Puta pare" or "Pakyu ka!"

He does not come home to me at 3 a.m. smelly and drunk.
He does not go around boasting of his conquests and how many women he has had sex with.
He does not take opportunities to grope women, fool them, fuck them and boasts about it to his friends.
What he is...
is completely the opposite of all those things.
He faithful, considerate and understanding.
Yes, he has his flaws and inadequacies. He is far from perfect.
People might ridicule him for being different, perhaps think themselves better than him.
Some have compared us and called me intelligent, yet he is the wise one.
He may be corny and uncool to some, but the truth is what is endearing is that he tries to make people laugh and to please people. This, in fact, is a usual cause of discussion as I do not give a shit about what others might think. Still does not, inspite of someone telling me that I should care about what others think. (Yes, Paolo, I still DON'T!)
I may seem strong to most, but he is stronger -- both in will and spirit.
People who knows what he goes through in life would know this is the truth. Most if they are in his shoes would have killed themselves by now.
I am proud of my husband and I am proud to call him my own.
Funny thing is there are those who would have love to have had him for their own.
I know because some had trouble letting him go and gave me hell because of that.