Dec 16, 2007

I was Named WHAT?!


I have had different names for the last 27 years of my life.

When I was a snotty, flat-nosed kid, my relatives used to call me Tinggay or Terenggay. I hated it. When my childhood bestfriend dared to call me Terenggay, I didn't speak to her for two whole months which made me miserable, but it was the principle of the thing I was fighting for. She didn't get it though. So, I thought what the heck and we got back to making dog's shit traps for the neighbor.

We also called each other Chipi One and Chipi Two and got in an argument over the "billing". You see, I was Chipi Two.

Eventually, people started calling me Tere, a nickname which stuck until today.

When I was in 6th Grade, my friends and I decided to change our names and I was Tim, which is better than Buffy -- another friend's adopted name inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In high school, I got two nicknames which I hated: Tita Tere and Kantutay. See, who would love the nickname Kantutay?!

The Tita Tere -- I don't really understand where it originated.
But the Kantutay -- my friend dubbed me Kantutay after she tried calling me and I wouldn't respond. Unfortunately, she shouted "Kantutay!" And that was when I turned.
With her warped sense of humor, she even shortened it to "Kantuts!" WTF?!

Now, that was when my bestfriend, Tin started calling me Tetet.
And the rest of my college friends, as well as High School friends followed suit.

Now, my daughter calls me Mama Mey, Papa and Baba.
And when she wants me to pick her up, she'd call me "Hu-hu".

0 Gorgeous People Said --: