Jan 10, 2008

All about Tin Alano

Her name is Maria Salvacion Alano.
She hates it.
I once reminded her that she could have been named Prunificacion. So, she has to be grateful for Salvacion. I mean, she could have been nicknamed, Prunes! Actually, I called her Prunes for a couple of weeks and every now and then to remind her of the little luck she got with Salvacion.

Anyway, she came home for New Zealand for Christmas.
And so we were able to hangout a little bit.

She has changed.
Well, yes -- she is still the weird, quirky, childish girl/woman she has always been but she has changed.
For the first time after more than a decade of being friends, I actually felt like she is a grown up.
She is my bestfriend but in a way, I have always felt that I took care of her when we were in College. Geeze. After someone pissed her off, she always came running to me. I end up fighting her battles.

Now -- Although, she would still avoid fights, she can hold her ground.
She would still avoid fights though. Not because she's afraid but because she doesn't want to offend people.
She has always been that way.
Beautiful inside and out.

I often wondered why I never felt that she was far away.
I realized that it's because things have always been the same. Our friendship is the same.
She doesn't have the "airs" that Balikbayans tend to have.
You know -- that "I came from Abroad, you idiots!" air?
She doesn't have that.
She is as she has always been. Weird, quirky and beautiful.

I guess, I am just so proud of her.
And I think that she deserves the best if she finally chooses to settle down with someone.
By the way, she's single.
So, anybody interested???
:)

0 Gorgeous People Said --: