Jan 11, 2008

Jumping on the Wagon


I shouldn't be actually concerned about Obama or Clinton but I find myself seriously considering who I want to win.

Okay, I'm stuck in this freaking third world country but my day's work comes in US Dollars. Lately, the poor performance of the US Dollars in the world market has severely affected my own resources. No, it's not Gloria Arroyo's great economic machinations that has improved the peso. It is a fact that the US dollar has not been faring well. Ask any economic-conscious American.

Well, yeah -- the world does not revolve around me; and yes, the American people will not vote for their president just so I'd get a higher salary. Sue me then; but in my little world, that's my concern.

IF the next American President will haul the American economy from the dumpsters; perhaps, my salary will rise again. Miracle! (background music of angels coming from heaven playing)

But who do I want to win?

I have to admit that I liked Barack Obama when I saw him with his family in Oprah. That Oprah! She always gets to me! You'd actually hear me say sometimes, "Oprah said." As if it's the Bible truth if Oprah said it.

My choice has nothing to do with Obama's platform of government or plan.
I just like him because --
a. He's cute. You gotta admit he is.
b. I always have dreamt of a Black American President.
c. Gloria Arroyo has turned me off Women Politicians. You would have thought that being a woman (Arroyo), she would have a heart. Women politicians scare me. You just don't know what they're capable of.

I know. These are pathetic reasons; not befitting a law graduate.

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

Beaman said...

Yes, there have been a long line of female tyrants in history. :p They are not always softer.

Margaret Thatcher comes to mind.

Thank you for your kind comment. :)

Tinggay said...

Oh geeze!
you read that post. That's kind of embarrassing after having had read your post.
Thanks anyways.
You could have said, "You're an idiot".
And I would certainly deserve it.

Beaman said...

No, 'idiot' didn't come to my mind at all. 'Nincompoop' maybe. ;) Kidding.

By the way, thank you for the award you bestowed on me. I will put it up a little later. :)