Jan 18, 2008

Fairy Godmother Sells the Squids



















Today marks the first day of our new business. It went well.
It never occurred to me though that I'd go into squid business because I hate squids.

You see, back when I was in High School, my father got into this squid phase where all he wanted to eat was squid. Squid, squid and squid. We practically ate squid 3x a day! You could say that at some point in my life it was our staple food. So, my sister and I hated squids.

There was this one time when my father even got into this Fish phase. Cats fight over me. I had scales! Geeze. But let's not go to that.

Anyway, I digress.

So, I grew up hating squids. So, I don't really understand why people love it.
Ironically, it's now our business.

My husband is a mess worrying about sales and every little thing.
But I am not at all worried.
Why?
I beat all my competitors in Fairy Godmother Tycoon. :)
I also finished the Lemonade Tycoon Game.
Seriously!
I mean, the concept was the same -- pricing, customer response, advertising and marketing, stocks, weather and proper location.
If your customer thinks that your price is way too high. Drop the price. But just enough so you'd have a little profit. Remember that a little profit is better than no profit at all.
Proper presentation and marketing matter. Period.
Weather and location determine sales. Adjust your price and stocks accordingly.
Get just enough stocks.
Same concepts, right?
This is what got me through the Tycoon Games.
:)
Now, Beaman, you'd probably think I'm a Nincompoop again. :)

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

jon said...

hmm.. .a different way at looking at gaming i suppose. :)

I hate squid. a friend of mine used to eat dried salted squid all the time. She'd roast it on the stove top and then just go at it. I never got it... i like kalamari only when flash fried, breaded and served with a nice marinara or remoulade!

Tinggay said...

Hey Jon,

thanks for the visit. I love calamares (kalamari) too.

I take back what I said though. The real thing is far from the tycoon games. And losing your capital hurts big time.