Jan 25, 2008

A walk with Paige



My little girl is teaching me the word APPRECIATION.

Earlier this evening, I went for a walk with Paige. The houses across the street were demolished and so there left a wide space of green grass. The bridge across our house going to the mall was finished so with the wide space of grass, a bridge and a setting sun -- a walk is always appropriate.

Paige is amazed with everything.
We always take some time to look at the sky, the setting sun, the birds, the water...
And what used to be common or ordinary to me
suddenly became different.
I began to see things in the eyes of a one year old.

Birds suddenly became amazing.
The sky suddenly became so high.
The sun -- the setting sun became even more breathtakingly beautiful.

I realized that having a child is like touching that part of you which remains to be a child.
My little girl is teaching me appreciation of all the things that are wonderful.

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

Mimi Lenox said...

What a beautiful child and an adorable post. Wow.

Tinggay said...

thanks mimi.
It truly is wonderful being a mother.
But geeze, does she test my patience most of the time.
She's beginning to show symptoms of the "terrible two" disease. :)