Feb 21, 2008

La Niña Sucks

I am writing this from our house' balcony. The unfortunate thing about living in this place is that we constantly experience flooding. It's been raining hard for a couple of weeks now. Our house is flooded. So, we have to evacuate again upstairs.

Really sucks. We have to bring all our things upstairs again. I swear! I am going to have our room upstairs finished by the end of the month! I don't want to go through this over and over again. Usually, we experience flooding only if there is a huge storm or typhoon. Unfortunately, the La Niña phenomenon is also causing incessant rains in our region. There are reports on deaths because of flash floods.

Auntie Lita called up earlier and said that she closed her business in their place because the flood was up to the waist! So, we were expecting that the River will overflow and once again -- flood. Indeed, the River has overflowed and houses are flooded. Really, really sucks. At least, we have electricity because there's no storm. Saving grace. Now, I'm going to go back to my work. My boss would have my hide because I wasn't able to work on my articles.

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

Hope things improve for you. Things seem so different in Manila.
Ever thought of moving?

Tinggay said...

The flood receded for a couple of days and then I woke up with flood all around our bed yesterday. We had to bring things upstairs again.

Manila is worst. One time, I was stuck in Quiapo and I walked from Quiapo to Capitol Medical Center in QC for 5 hours! The water was up to my thighs! :)