Feb 29, 2008

What is the Most Beautiful Sound on Earth?

I am a fan of Paulo Coelho's blog.
In one post, a question was asked, "What is the most beautiful sound on Earth?"
Well, what would you say Sher? What is the most beautiful sound to you? Floog would have a long list. He can start with the sounds he hears every time he takes those long walks with his wife.

Anyway, I kept on reading. One person said, "the sound of the flute". I paused and considered this answer, well, perhaps, I thought.


So, I decided to make a list of the most beautiful soundS in the earth for me.
1. My daughter's laughter.
2. My daughter's gurgles.
3. My mom's loud laugh.
4. My sister's equally loud laugh.
5. Erbe's footsteps when he's home.
6. Erbe's voice sleepily saying, "I love you, ba."
7. The rain.
8. Wind chimes.
9. The sound that bamboo trees make when they sway.
10.The river.

Now, that's my list but that doesn't really answer the question, "What IS the MOST beautiful sound on earth?"

Apparently, the answer is pretty simple. And I quote --

"It could be the voice of the woman we love, the singing of birds, the clatter of plates, the breathing beside us in bed of someone dear to us, but it will always be the sound that our heart needs to hear at that precise moment." -- Coelho

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

Hm.. Anything that touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes.

My mother's lullaby that she sung for me when I was a baby.
Even the thgught of that brings tears to my eyes...