Mar 10, 2008

Sights and Sounds of My City

I love this city. It's a pretty small one. Something happens in one place, you'd hear about it in no time at all. It has the luxuries of modernity merging with the breeze of old province. You can go from one place to another without having to worry about traffic or getting mugged. Let me share with you the quirks of this city. Morry, you should definitely come for a visit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gorgeous, isn't she? Her name is Donita but she's actually gay. The truth is I'm even insecure that she looks way better than me.



Me: Why don't you fucking work? Typical scene in this city. This pisses me off. It's so obvious he is strong enough to work. You'd find people even pretending that they're amputees or something.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Students from an International School here. *snort. International, my ass!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Busted!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


One of the many Takatak boys. Cigarettes, anyone?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I grew up watching this man sing and play his guitar on the same corner of the city. He's blind. My Father once accused him of running a syndicate. Allegedly, this man forced to beg and they'd remit money to him. My Father has a wild imagination.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


"I'd like your value meal number 6 please. Yes, the one with the cheeseburger and french fries. While you're at it, please throw in a chocolate sundae as well."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Buying the garbage to earn money.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I frequently stop here to buy the delicious "ibus". Sher, you'd love it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Falling in line waiting for passengers.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Do you need a key duplicate?

These are the sights and sounds of Naga City, complements of the shutterbug Rael a friend waiting for the Bar Exam Results as well.



6 Gorgeous People Said --:

SOUL AFLAME said...

As someone who's, so far, never been to your city, I must say what a great snapshot of life there, this post is.

Mixed with the thought's of your recent floods, it shows the difference that 6,000 miles can make both demographically, and in terms of daily life. I find that fascinating, one of the reasons I like travelling so much.

By the way, here in the UK we're suffering very bad weather right now, with storms and 80 mile per hour winds coming over from Canada. Not fun

Love posts on other people's daily lives, and the city around them, I hope you do more.

Anonymous said...

I love photographs of places I have never been. You should post more of them!

Kristina said...

Nka extra ang tricycle ta! dun sa mga linya kang mga tricycle..hahaha..yung 1115..look at it more closely..cgurado na mluwas na ngunyan na semana ang bar exam results? hala..hehehe, dont worry mapasa kana kayan..aram ko na yan.;-)
Kung dai ka mgpasa, mahappy2 kita sa manila paguli ko. bwahahaha.
:-)

Tinggay said...

Hi Floog, I've read about the storm as well. The last storm was about 220 miles per hour. It was really scary.
My sister is in London and she's going back home next month. The weather in UK is making her extremely miserable.

Tamera, thanks! I'm going to post some more.

Ne, mayo kitang tricycle na 1115. Heller?!
Baka dai kami mag-iba sa manila.
Sa Friday ang release. Diyos ko. grabe ng kaba ko.

LORD MANILA STONE said...

This is such a nice presentation here. As I was staring at the first pics, I was thinking of some familiar places here in Manila, hihihi. I never thought that those pics were taken in Naga pala. I haven't been there yet and thanks for giving us a glimpse of it.^^

Tinggay said...

Lord Manila Stone, you're welcome. You should come for a visit. Do some water skiing.