May 15, 2008

Charice Pempengco on Oprah

I didn't give her much notice when she was in that competition -- Little Big Star, I think. But my sister was gushing about her. My sister would come home after class running just so she could catch Charice performance. Back then, my sister already loved her and was rooting for her.

Anyways, here's the video of Charice on Oprah. The news said that Oprah invited her to come back to promote her CD. It didn't occur to me that anyone outside this country would want to buy her CD. Until I went on Oprah.com community and I read a comment asking where they could get Charice's CD.

They keep calling her a "force to reckon with" or the "future diva". Let's see, shall we? Her album is out in the market. I wonder if anybody here is even buying it. I hope they are.

Anyway, watch this video. She's amazing. Ironically, there are so many kids here who are as good as her. This reminds me of my bestfriend who moved to New Zealand. Everytime somebody would learn that she's from the Philippines. She'd be asked, "So you could sing then?"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: