Jun 5, 2008

Pinoywriterz Made Up for It

A big dilemma -- what will you do?

I was working for Pinoywriterz. I resigned after I was informed that I was not going to get paid for 3 days worth of articles. I was furious. I kept receiving files and I kept submitting files and apparently, they were reassigned. I did not sleep for those days. Admittedly, I was late but I kept updating and they kept updating for status. Paige was sick. My fault was that I kept accepting files although I was way behind with the previous topics. But I thought they understood my problem. Anyways, that's all under the bridge now. I've resigned.

I even posted a rant yesterday, but I deleted it after I calmed down. Now, my problem is that after I was informed that I was not going to get paid for 3-days worth of articles -- 25 articles all in all. I decided to post those articles online. I submitted them to ezinearticles and hubpages and posted some on my blog.

The project coordinator of pinoywriterz offered to give me "help". Help? Was I that pathetic? Probably. I was making such a huge ruckus about the salary -- meager amount. But that was not the point. Anyway, I did not say yes or no. I just said that if he did send me the money, I'd regard it as "payment" for the articles. Through this exchange of messages, I was the Doubting Thomas. I was thinking, "Send money? Yeah Sure!" -- with snort.

I posted all the articles yesterday night.

Today, I received payment. I do not regard it as help but payment. Although the project coordinator said it's "help". Now, I feel honor bound to remove all the articles I posted. But I don't know how to remove them from hubpages and ezine. And even if I did, Google has already crawled the articles and would credit them to me.

What do I do now? I did not expect to receive payments for all articles -- only for those articles I did not post. So, I think I'm going to send back the extra money. I can't risk legal issues here.

Anyway, I have to give credit to them for making amends. That was professional of them. And for accepting that they made a mistake about the whole thing. I posted the articles because I thought I was not going to get paid for them. Honestly thought they wouldn't pay anymore. Now, I have to find a way to give them back the money -- or rather to send back the money to the project coordinator.


2 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...still would've loved to read your previous post though...hahaha!

SheR. said...

*hugs*
There's plenty of sites that will pay for your good articles.
We all make mistakes in life. Pick and trust the wrong people sometimes.

Glad it's over for you. And things didn't turn too bad.