Oct 31, 2008

The Gift of Erbe -- Reposting an Old Post

He knows when I am having a bad day or I am just being my grouchy, pain in the ass self. He never complains. He would tease me for being “the dragon”, but he accepts all my facets with the same loving equanimity.

He doesn’t care if I gained weight or that I have continued to gain weight. Or at least he keeps quiet about it.

He doesn’t care if I am at my worst. He embraces me on the days that I feel like everyone is conspiring against me and encourages me when I feel like I can conquer mountains.

His love is all-embracing and
constant.

He tries to open his eyes when I can’t stop talking at 2 o’clock in the morning. He listens to all my secrets and to everybody else’s secrets that I have to tell. He listens to all the things I have to say of all the hundred thousand moments in my life – all the fears and the hopes I keep inside. He listens with all the same
patience reflected in his brown eyes.

He supports me when I am right and even when I am wrong. He has never made me feel inadequate; or that I am or what I have done is not good enough. He has never given me a reason to feel and think that I am a failure.

He is the silent warmth when I fall asleep, the kiss in the middle of the night when I wake up, and the calming sanctuary when things are rough.

He is my strength when I am crippled. He absorbs my tears and fears as his own, and takes my dreams for safe-keeping.


He is eternally patient with me when I am impatient with the world.

He tolerates me when I am horribly intolerable.

He keeps me safe when I things are unsafe. He heals me when I didn’t even know I needed healing.

He is my gift.


The irony of it is that people thinks he’s the lucky one when all the while
I am.


2 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that there is such a person in your life! you are really lucky to have someone who is always near and supports you.

Tinggay said...

yes, it is really wonderful. Sometimes, he exasperates me though. He can drive a saint to drink sometimes. :)