Nov 16, 2008

Dreading Senior Citizens Ahead of Me


Have you ever find yourself in a queue with several senior citizens ahead of you?

It can surely try your patience.

I have all the respect for old folks. I love them, but it can really be irritating when they have to get discounts for every last peso. Like this evening, I was trying to purchase one measly loaf of bread and three senior citizens were in front of me on the line.

All of them had to present their discount cards for their purchases. One had to ask for P4.00 discount, another for P6.00 discount and the third for another P4.00 discount.

These cards are not like your VISA cards. You can't just easily swipe them and get the customers' signature. Since ithey are only made of cardboard, papers have to be brought out. The cashier has to sign and make a record of the purchase and then the senior citizens would have to sign again.

I had to go through all the signing, recording, signing with all these three old folks. I wanted to scream, "Let me give you your measly P4.00, just get off the line!" But that's rude, right? Not to mention completely horrid. It'd be heartless. I'd probably get cursed.

So, I gritted my teeth and waited for each senior citizen to finish his purchase. My only consolation was that there were only three old folks. Just imagine if there were two more or if there were 10 or 20! God forbid!




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: