Jan 14, 2009

Eva Fonda

After we dropped Bessie off at the terminal, I decided to hit the parlor and have my nails done.

While sitting there, with the woman (left) in the picture, doing my nails, I was wondering how I was going to kill time when my attention was caught by their ongoing conversation.

Woman on the Right: "Joel has decided to work abroad. His father doesn't want him to."

Gossip! My head was screaming. I found myself hoping for a really juicy one.

Another woman (not in the picture) asked, "He's going to leave Osang behind? What about the baby?"

Yes! Jackpot! "This sounds pretty good", I thought.

Woman on the Right: "Osang learned that Joel was leaving from his father. She's angry."

After I heard this, I started to have this nagging feeling that I know the freakin' story. It seemed so familiar, so I continued to listen. All the while I was wondering if they were talking about ABS-CBN's soap opera, Eva Fonda. Erbe is a fan of the show -- probably because of it's sexual nature -- so, he watches it. I can't stand it though. The characters are flat and the whole plot is stupid. Still, I am familiar with it because while I work, Erbe watches the show.

Anyway, the woman on the left asked, "Is Osang pretty?
"Yes, but she wears a lot of make-up", other woman replied.
The other woman asked again, "Is Joel in-love with her?"

The woman on the right responded, "No, he's still in-love with Eva."


Wait! I thought, "Eva?"
"Hell! They really are talking about Eva effing-Fonda!", I thought.

And I thought I was listening to a juicy gossip. All the while, they were just talking about a freakin' soap opera. They were so serious! You would think that they were talking about real people!

Disgusted, I grabbed a magazine and opened it

and what do you know, there she was -- Cristine Reyes, Eva Fonda herself, staring back at me. Oh, the irony.




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: