Jan 6, 2009

Four Little Mafias and My New Year

Last New Year, I was coerced to "manage" one chicken grill outlet. My role was to collect the money. It was an awful evening because it was raining. I was also a prime target for little beggars. I'd call them crooks or little Mafias. Yep, I'm referring to those four little boys in the picture. Since, I forgot their names, I'd call them 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Little Mafia #1 approached me first begging for money. Well, his clothes were old, but he was not obviously your typical beggar. I think he -- actually all of them -- was just begging for fun. I asked him where his mother was. The question must have scared him off because he promptly went away.

And then came Little Mafia #2 -- I don't know if it's obvious from the pic, but this little boy is fairly handsome. His clothes were impeccably clean and his jacket was better than mine.
Seeing #2 with me though prompted #1 to come back. Both of them began to nag me for a few coins. I was no match for the whining and begging, so I gave in and gave them P20.00 to share.

I figured that was the end of it.


I should have known better.

Little crooks.
:)

A little while later, along came Mafia Number 3. This little boy doesn't seem right in the head. Anyway, I had no coins left, so I told him to ask for a few coins from Mafia #1 and #2 who were still hanging around. I was happy when #3 complied, but then he came back complaining that 1 & 2 weren't dishing out any coins.

I think 1 & 2 did some bragging because pretty soon, Little Mafia #4 came along. I gave him the same instructions, "Go ask some coins from them!" Like #3, he came back complaining that 1 & 2 weren't giving any!

And so, I decided to give 3 and 4 their own P20.00 bill to share. I also decided to treat all four for drinks. At that time, their antics were making me laugh; albeit, I was the one getting conned. So, all of us went to a nearby store. Unfortunately, I realized that I only had P20.00 left with me which was not enough, so I decided to give the last bill to them -- instructing them to share.

I thought that that was it. I felt pretty good with myself. I didn't mind that I just gave out P60.00 all in all. (This is why Erbe and I get into argument sometimes. He thinks I'm an idiot when it comes to these things.)

Anyway, I went back to minding the chickens and the customers.

When, suddenly, I felt someone nudging me. Upon turning, I was dismayed to see #3 standing there complaining that the other three didn't give him his share. And then #4 came along, complaining that he didn't receive his share of the last bill. And then, all of them were right in front of me, complaining and arguing! The customers and everyone was laughing. It would have been amusing if they weren't asking for more! #3 figured out that because he didn't receive his share, that I should give him his share. (I was quite ready to hang the little bugger.) Yep, I lost my halo right there and then.

Anyway, I couldn't just scream at them and so I told them to bug off! #3 took his pretty little time to leave, but he eventually did.


sigh.

peace. AT LAST.

So, I went back to my chickens.




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: