Feb 6, 2009

A Conversation with a Precocious Child

Earlier this evening, we went to Princess' (Erbe's cousin) birthday party. While eating, a little boy came to me and asked, "How old is Paige?"
I answered, "2"
He replied, "I am 5."
I asked, "So, do you go to school? Do you go to St. Joseph too?"
"Yes", he answered nodding.
Pleased, I said, "Well, I went there too when I was your age!"
Without batting an eyelash, he asked, "Were you in my papa's class?"
I stared at him and asked, "Who's your papa?"
And he promptly pointed to a 50-year-old guy.
Geeze.

Well, I thought that was the end of our interesting conversation. Later he came back and said, "I am 5."
I said, "Yes, you told me that."
And he continued, "After that I am going to be 6."
You'd think he'd stopped there and continued with an interesting story about what he would want for his birthday, right?
Well, no, what he actually said was, "After that I am going to be 7. After that I am going to be 8. After that I am going to be 9. After that I am going to be 10..."

And on and on and on...
He continued counting until he reached 30. He only stopped when his father called him up to eat. I think he could have gone on until he reached 5,625,856,745,154 :)

Anyway, I applauded myself for not butting in to say, "Let me guess, you're going to be 25! Now, are you sure that's going to happen? Because if you don't leave me alone, you may not even probably live to see tomorrow."
JUST KIDDING! :)


Well, anyway, I like that little kid. He did impress me. After all, we had that that conversation in English. :)

These are some pictures of Paige with her aunt, Princess, the celebrant. Too bad, I was not able to get the picture of that precocious little boy. I did not even ask for his name.










"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: