May 17, 2009

My Love Story

There are love stories, but there are love stories.
The latter kind makes a mark. They’re the kind of stories that are written in books and made into movies. They’re the kind of stories that make you cry because often, these kinds of stories are heartbreaking.

That’s my story.

It’s the story I have been living for the last five years.
And every year and tear has been worth it.

Oh, I find myself wishing sometimes that things aren’t that difficult.
I find myself wondering how things would have been if I chose my path differently – or if I chose to love another.
But at the end of the day, I know that I choose this life.
I choose this love.

It’s not easy.
It takes an ocean-full of commitment.
It takes a lot of faith – an unwavering one.
It takes a lot of courage.

But it is worth it.
It truly, truly is worth it.

I just saw this video and I was moved.



I could relate to it. I know how much courage one has to have in order to make the choice that she had - that I had, in a way. I also know how fulfilling it is.


Love. Ultimately, that's the culprit. It's the same reason why I hold on and why I don't give up. It's not my love for him really. It's his love for me. It's a selfish reason, truth be told, but it's powerful.


4 Gorgeous People Said --:

CPA Board Exam said...

That's love after all...Everything that start's have to end..But we human being destroy that saying because we are to naughty and very eager to follow our feelings and especially our heart...:)

Tinggay said...

huh?!

Yahia said...

piebuko, the first comment author thought that your love experience has come to an end.
By reading your blog post I had the same feeling. Your ideas aren't very clear in this text.

Anyway, I wanted to say I've had a love experience, a short one but rather very meaningful form which I learned a lot about myself and the other. The person concerned are still friends though and maybe that's something very precious one should keep.

Tinggay said...

I was cryptic, huh? It was meant to be. I think only those who know us (my husband and I) would understand my post. :)
Our story hasn't end. It won't end actually.
We're married and hopefully, if God allows, we'd be able to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.