Jul 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Paige!


Earlier this evening, I was trying to get some sleep with my daughter snuggled closely beside me. Her papa was cooking some of the dishes that we are going to bring tomorrow. And she was forced to lie next to me, willing herself to sleep as well because I didn't have the energy to play. I was awake for 19 hours already and I needed to sleep badly.

I could hear her chattering though, and sometimes, I'd mumble an incoherent reply.
She'd asked, "Mama, love mo ako?"
And I'd faintly answer, "Opo. Sleep na."
She'd continue, "Si papa, love ako?"
And I'd answer, "Opo. Sleep na bi, ma-swimming kita tomorrow."

She has certainly changed my life.
Erbe considers her God's PERSONAL gift to him because everything fell into place for him when she came along. Perhaps, that's true.

She's three years old today.

It has been three years of magical days -
of discovering that Barney is actually fun
of seeing the flap of birds' wings as if for the first time
of Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys
of Mary Poppins and her Sound of Music
of feeling like you have never experienced water running through your fingers
of moons and stars
of angels and fairies

I am living through everything once again, discovering the magic in things because I see them in her eyes.

That's her gift.
That is why it's completely magical.
She's magical.


1 Gorgeous People Said --:

Bombchell said...

AWWW she's super gorgeous. happy belated birthday to ur daughter