Jul 5, 2009

The Number One Fan

I'm on a blog roll here. :)

Yesterday, at about 3 in the morning, Erbe was nagging me for two things -
a. That we have food delivered from Jollibee or Biggs.
b. That I download Gary V's and Michael J's music for him.

He was born in 1975 and he grew up in Lagonoy. His father listened to Frank Sinatra. So, don't blame him for his "classic" taste.


Anyway, Jollibee and Biggs told us, "We don't deliver at this hour, ma'am."
I argued, "It's 3 in the morning! It's morning!" :)
They responded, "Delivery ends at 9 in the evening, ma'am."
I further insist, "It's morning!"
I think I could have heard somebody said, "Idiot."

Of course, you know I'm lying about the whole conversation, right? The whole thing ended at "We don't deliver at this hour, sir." Erbe was the idiot who called them up. :)

Anyway, Erbe turned on his computer and spent two hours downloading songs after songs.

After he downloaded about a million songs, he started listening to them on his mobile phone. And then the song
Hanggang started blaring from his phone. Erbe noticed that it sounded different. He said, "Mas okay version ni Wency Cornejo."

He caught my attention and I asked, "Who's that?"

Erbe answered, "Martin Nievera siguro."

Hmm.

I took the phone and after glancing at the screen, I asked, "Ba, siisay si Randolf Delmendo?"

Pause.

"Ha?"

"Ba, tig-para download mo mga kanta ni Randolf Delmendo! Bako ni si Martin Nievera!"

Realizing his mistake, Erbe's face screwed up in disgust, and he muttered, "Ay bulay!"

You'd think that's funny, right? That's not the funny part.

The funny part is this - he has been listening to Randolf Delmendo since this morning - and he has grown to like Randolf! Really like Randolf!

"Magayun man ba ang boses saka magayun man magkanta!"



He refuses to delete Ren-dolf Del-mown-do's songs from his playlist.

In fact, I'd bet that he'd be the first to buy Randolf's album when it comes out on year 3698! :)


Actually, he downloaded several covers of amateur singers. It's hysterical. Check out this Earth Song's cover that he has blaring on his mobile phone right now.



0 Gorgeous People Said --: