Jul 7, 2009

Lago Del Rey

I thought I needed a day of relaxation, so I got everyone to go to CWC last Sunday. I thought it would be fun. Well... I am kind of ambivalent when it comes to giving out my verdict. I had fun, but the place was a real disappointment. The water was so freaking dirty. You would have green and slippery mosses clinging on your toes. It was so icky.

The water was so deep that you need to have a life jacket strapped on you all the time. You can't get on the floats without having a lifeguard hoisting you up. So, I had my arms tugged the whole afternoon. I was having fun, but I am suffering now. My arms hurt like hell. Other than that, the floats were fun. I love the slides - and I especially love the obstacle course, where a 6-year-old kid beat my ass off.

It took me 30 minutes to finish the whole course. While I was holding on for dear life, the little girl was able to finish 6 rounds. It was embarrassing. The English-speaking little boy she was with kept sneering at me. Well he was! Anyway, he made one snide comment and I promptly shut back with, "Aw, you shut up!" Well, it was a cheap shot on his part. Okay, okay, he's 8 years old, but a cheap shot is a cheap shot. I'm not too proud of myself though for taking out my frustrations on the boy. :)

Anyway, after falling off for the nth time. I decided to just sit down and graciously let the kids win. :) It was during this time that the lifeguard decided to talk to me.
LG: Sisay po ma'am may birthday? Ika po?
Me: Dai.
LG: Tano po kamo nagswimming?
Me: Mau lang.
LG: Ay siguro po ta naguli po si agum mo?
Me: Ha?
LG: Bakong agum mo po itong tisoy?
Me: (Remembering that he hoisted Erbe up a couple of times) Ay, iyo.
LG: Abroaders po ito, ma'am?
Me: Abroaders? :)
















0 Gorgeous People Said --: