Aug 29, 2009

On an Impasse

Migraine is hell. I have this every month, but yesterday's attack which lasted until this morning was pure hell. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies - well, maybe I do.

My only consolation is that I did not end up in the hospital this time; although, mamu was insisting on bringing me to the hospital. She just couldn't bear the god-awful vomit-my-guts-out wrenching that I was doing. Fortunately, I have Erbe who stayed with me through it all. He's an angel. How did I get this lucky?

He wasn't an angel the other day though.

After reading my blog and reading a certain person not-so-obviously mentioned, he was pissed off with me. This prompted a discussion about a certain friendship that is irritating the hell out of him. I don't just accept prohibitions though without a fight - or at least a reasonable explanation, one that my brain would accept. So, I argued and argued and argued. I kept asking for a "good reason why not?" And followed this with "it's not like I'm doing anything wrong!" And end this with a killer, "Perhaps, you just don't trust me!"

Anyway, we ended the discussion on an impasse.

That is why the succeeding event was tremendously ironic and a bit humorous.

The next day, Mamu wanted to catch this Tagalog movie. Since I had a couple of hours to kill, I decided to go with her. Although Erbe made a face when I asked him to go with us, he did come. Halfway through the film, one of the lead characters began a dialogue about his wife who cheated on him with her ex.

My thoughts went "uh.uh."

But Erbe did not show any untoward reaction. YET.

The character continued with how the wife never actually loved him and that she's still in-love with her ex. Although, I cannot relate with the wife, I was starkly reminded of our discussion the previous evening.

Again, Erbe did not react.

Until finally, the wife apologized and said that her fault was that she did not tell her husband that she was still in love with (name of the ex uttered at this point).

Well, what do you know?! It was the same effing name!!!

This time, Erbe turned to me and glared at me, and promptly uttered a loud, "harumph!!!"

His reaction was so funny that I began to laugh. Mamu, who was sitting beside me was naturally curious, so I turned to her and told her about the cause of Erbe's irk, and she too began laughing. While the movie's characters were crying, Mamu and I were giggling like a couple of hyenas.

The moment was priceless.

Anyway, Erbe and I are still on an impasse. I am willing to give up anything and anyone for him - but only with a very good reason. So far, he has not given me a good one. In fact, he has not given me any reason! So, there.

:)




0 Gorgeous People Said --: