Oct 11, 2009

The Brady Bunch

Inside an Italian restaurant here in Naga City -

Kris: Mommy, try mo Risotto - this one with mushrooms and cheese.

Her suggestion was met with sheer silence. Oh, well, I did a small grunt, but otherwise, there was complete silence on the other side of the table where the parents were sitting.

I once again perused the menu, thinking that it would have been better if we just opted for Red Platter. I frowned at the strange Italian names and stared distastefully at the list. Beside me, my sister kept on insisting for us to get the freaking Risotto. I once again turned the menu to the Risotto page and again read the description of the dish, and again thought, "Definitely not."

My mother felt the same.

It was at this point that I looked up and saw her surreptitiously covering her face with the menu. She then turned to Daddy who was sitting beside her and whispered loudly, "Gusto ko ning goto."

She didn't think we would hear, but we did. Unfortunately, the waiter did too.


It would just have been hilarious and not embarrassing if the waiter was not standing a couple of feet away from her. The waiter was having a hard time keeping his smile off his face. He was probably thinking "another effing Brady's!" or he was probably wondering, "Who fucking let these Neanderthals out?"

Meanwhile, my daughter was running all over the restaurant with no shoes on. Just proves the waiter's assumption, right?

Anyway, I ordered pizza, but Mommy reluctantly agreed to order the Risotto. She later declared the Risotto delicious, but I have a feeling she would have enjoyed Bigg's goto better. :)

Mommy's Risotto




1 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

anong name kan kakanan na yan tere? tinayf