Nov 1, 2009

Writer's Block

I think it does not come as a surprise to many people that I am actually working as a writer. The good thing about this is that I am actually getting paid for writing. This was not the case before. Nowadays, even my aunts offer to pay me for whatever they would like me to write. Even my own father considers paying me for writing! Well, he considers. He does not actually pay.

Anyway, I grew up writing stuffs for people. I remember writing Kuya Victor's love letters when I was in 5th grade and he was courting our neighbor.

I remember writing Bobet's love letters including those he gave to his now-wife Michelle. And I cannot imagine how I manage to write love letters for Mark, Khristine's husband - I was writing them for her.

One of the weirdest - and perhaps toughest - requests I have ever received is a Eulogy. I was supposed to write it for Candice, a former classmate who died brutally several years back. I was supposed to write the eulogy for Candice's friend. Both of them were my classmates in High School.

I didn't know what to write. Candice was a sweet girl, but we weren't closed. She was a classmate, but I barely exchanged words with her. The last time I saw her, I was taken aback by how pretty she looked. She really grew into herself. She seemed really glad to see me and so we exchanged a few hello's. Needless to say, I was shocked when I saw her face being flashed on the television as a rape and slay victim. I hope whoever did it rots to hell for all eternity!

Anyway, after being requested to write her eulogy, I didn't really know what to say. And so I thought, "What would I write if Tin dies?" At that time, Khristine was my constant companion. And so, I got busy writing Tin's eulogy. God forbid. Well, at least it was initially inspired by her. Ultimately though, I wrote it for Candice.

Needless to say, the eulogy was good (modesty aside). It had the whole class crying. The eulogy, however, had Tin frowning. She did actually frowned her way throughout the reading. Her expression almost had me in giggling fits.

After the mass, she said, "Well, at least I know now what you would say if I die."

Yeah, I know, this story is a bit creepy especially if you know Candice, right Jinx?

0 Gorgeous People Said --: