Dec 22, 2009

Home Remedies for Bruxism



My sister suffers from bruxism. We used to share a bed back then and I'd wake up with her grinding her teeth noisily. It can be very irritating. It was so noisy that it awakened me night after night after night.

I wanted to cure her off her affliction. I was told by someone that there are two cures for this condition:

First, I have to slap her on her sleep when I hear the grinding.
Second, I have to hide her slippers. And mind you, not just hide them, I was told to bury them.

Yes, I actually believed that these are the best remedies. Never mind the fact that there are no scientific explanations for these miracle cures.

So, I decided to grab the bull by the horn. The next time, I was awakened by her teeth grinding, I immediately sat up and slapped her. Just like that. She didn't bloody murder me though right there and then - I would have had if somebody slapped me the way I slapped her. I don't know if she remembers this.

Anyway, I was happy with what I did though thinking that I did my part as the big sister, so I was excited to see if she was cured of her problem. I was so disappointed when she started grinding her teeth again. I resolved to bury her sleepers. I can still remember where I buried them - yes, I buried the slippers. And since I was told to never tell her I bury her footwear, I pretended ignorance when she started looking for them.

I was happy that I did my part as her big sister. Once again, I was excited to see if I cured her off her affliction. Really stupid. Anyway, my remedies failed miserably. Nothing worked. Surprise. Surprise.

I tried the slapping a couple of times after that, making sure that I would not awaken her, but no amount of slapping can cure her off her annoying problem.

I gave up altogether. She still grinds her teeth. I wonder if I should inform Brendan of my remedies, perhaps, they will work now. :)


0 Gorgeous People Said --: