Feb 27, 2010

The Manifestations of a Kuntaw Practitioner

The following post is not for my regular readers. Sorry guys. :)

I received an email the other day. It was from Kuntaw practitioner Michael M. Tuscano, who liked my father was irregularly and unfairly stripped off his ranks. by Kuntaw Grandmaster Carlito A. Lañada. He wanted to express his thoughts with regard to what happened and he deemed it appropriate to be posted online for everyone to read. I applaud him for his decision.

Below is his email to me -




MY MANIFESTATIONS…REGARDING THE KUNTAW
(BROTHER MICHAEL M. TUSCANO)

Since I’m 6 years old I already engage in Kuntaw Martial Arts. In my early childhood I began to idolized people with skills in martial arts. I love Karate since my childhood days..i have lots of Martial Arts idol especially Bruce Lee, that time I almost dream to wear such Karate uniform and someday be a Blackbelter. That eagerness to Martial Arts came true..i enrolled in Kuntaw when I’m 6 years old. But because of being a child and I’m not so very much sincere that time my arms got fractured. My parents stop me for the meantime until such time that I can do it in a nice way. I continue to practice Kuntaw until I got a black belt. Even that time I’m just a color belt, I made up in my mind that Kuntaw should be known in my Alma Mater. I began to established and founded the Aquinas University Kuntaw Association and be recognized it on March 25, 1998. From time of recognition, the AUL Kuntaw is very much active in all tournaments, seminars, outreach program and other activity as far as Kuntaw is concerned. One big accomplishment of AUL Kuntaw is that when we receive the international award given by Master Steven Dowd (also a Kuntaw Master) of FMA Digest from Nevada USA the award of “ FMA 2007 SCHOOL OF THE YEAR”. He personally went here in Legaspi City just to interview me and ask some personal information regarding my accomplishment in Kuntaw. By that the University is also known for such award and it is the first time in the history of Kuntaw here in Bicol Region. I have hosted lots of kuntaw tournaments here in order to promote the Kuntaw Martial Arts, even in our outreach program I personally bring and introduce the Kuntaw Arts, giving trainings to Barangay Tanod, we extend our personal help in time of calamities especially typhoons; by donating some foods, noodles, can goods and clothings. All these things are being solicited and donated by our students here in AUL Kuntaw. I’m not against or asking such highest rank or degree in Kuntaw; what I need is a support from the whole Kuntaw organization that we did it not for our self but for the public in general. A true martial artist should not always put himself in his Arts style but also think for the benefits of the public in general.

Because of such accomplishment in Kuntaw, I am known for my dedication, service and loyalty to Kuntaw. Such time I met Kyud Luis A. Ortega the National President of Kuntaw Philippines that time. He gave his whole support to the Kuntaw especially in the Bicol Region. He has an eagerness to make the Kuntaw be recognized by the Philippine Sports Commission. His dream is also my dream; he talk to me and give his full support in all my plans and programs. That time He’s the one who introduce me to GM Lañada through phone, GM and I already met in person last Sept. 27, 2009 when he visited the Aquinas University Kuntaw. I’m also directly connected with Kyudai Alice Lañada Kossman (GM daughter ) by means of internet and email. I always send her information regarding all the activities and plans here in Legaspi City.

Kyud Ortega plan to reorganized the whole Kuntaw Ng Pilipinas – Region 5 in order to be active again especially the senior and other chapters of Kuntaw here in Bicol. The re-organization is being witness my Master Steven Dowd from Nevada USA acting as the Adviser last Feb 9, 2007 here at Aquinas University...almost the rest of Bicol Region Masters are present such as Masters Olavere, Galleron, Garcia, Regondola, Escote, Bruca, Capistrano and kyud Ortega and the Blackbelts & Instructors of different chapters. Nomination and election has been done to make it legal and with independent voting to prevent bias and conspiracy among members. Master Regondola of Iriga City is being nominated but he decline because he said that he will be going to US and Master Garcia of Albay is also nominated but he decline because he is busy with his business..that time I was nominated, I want to decline because I’m just a lower rank and to much young to became the Regional Commissioner but almost all the Masters did not accept my reason; for short I’m elected as the new and young Regional Commissioner of Region 5.

Kyud Ortega and I with the help of Master Orlando Olavere created a Regional set of officers in order to make all the plans and programs be realizable. Master Olavere presented to me the “The Regional Officers- Its Duties and Responsibilities, Powers and Functions”..i know it will help a lot to the officers to make their functions manageable; so we conducted a series of meetings with all the Regional officers and after a long debate it was approved by the body to serve as guide for the achievement of goals for the benefit of Kuntaw.

The time I became the Regional Commissioner of Region 5, I help and support some chapters to be reorganized and re-open again. Many senior instructors became active again..i help to re-open almost 10 chapters (Kuntaw Padang (new); Kuntaw Sto. Domingo (new); Kuntaw Rawis; Kuntaw Pilar Sorsogon 1 (new); Kuntaw Pilar Sorsogon 2 (new); AUL Kuntaw high school chapter (new); Legaspi Port Kuntaw, LCC Mall Kuntaw (new); Dita Kuntaw (new); and Kuntaw Tabaco City) here. The Kuntaw is active again in the entire Region 5; many tournaments had been conducted. We extend financial support to our fellow Kuntawistas here; even a mortuary aid is given by the Region. I make some disciplinary action to all “Kuntaw Tampalasan” here in order to protect the dignity of Kuntaw preferably in Bicol Region; because many Kuntaw here especially senior Kuntaw members used the name Kuntaw just for their personal interest (to earned money). This disciplinary action is with due process on their part; they’ve given notice and with proper investigation and of course with the approval of all officers of the Region 5. All the activity that has been hosted by the Region 5- KNP is knew by Kyudai Alice because I always send email to her and copy furnished the GM through his kuntaw.net. The Kuntaw Region 5 established again the TRUE BROTHERHOOD and UNITY among Kuntaw members here in Bicol.

One day morning of December 2009 when I opened the website of GM (the kuntaw.net), it was a big nightmare on my part..it’s a man made calamities..a disaster that that destroy my whole personality. All the good things I’ve done for Kuntaw was destroyed by these. On December 11, 2009 I personally read in the website of GM that the whole organization we set up and organized was being revoked by him and my rank was strip off. His main reason is that there is a CONSPIRACY TO OVER RULE THE REGION 5. At first I was shuck..and ask myself; What kind of conspiracy they are talking about? They know what conspiracy is? Do they know the elements of conspiracy? I send my explaination to him and ask him if what his basis of saying that there’s a conspiracy. But no reply even a short answer on my inquiry regarding the situation. From the very beginning of installation and re-organization of Kuntaw Region 5 it was done by Election. At first hand I was elected by the Region 5 Kuntaw members and the result of that election is being forwarded to him (GM) and to Kyudai Alice (IKF). I even put all the results and event in his acknowledgement in his own website (kuntaw.net). I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE I ALMOST GIVE MYSELF TO KUNTAW BUT FOR A SINGLE MINUTE A DECISION CAME TO DESTROY MY DIGNITY AND MY WHOLE PERSONALITY. They put my name including Master Orlando Olavere in the internet without informing us of what offenses we’ve done in Kuntaw. THERE’S NO DUE PROCESS ON OUR PART. There’s no such proper investigation or even a notice to us that we’ve done such error before putting our names in the internet. It caused a lot of damage to my reputation…but it hurts me a lot because the persons I trusted most and I extend my support to them..”SINDA PA NAGPAKARAOT SAKUYA..BINAYAAN PA AKO SA ERE”.

Personally I don’t believe that GM will do that to me because last Sept. 27, 2009 (Regional meeting ) held at Aquinas University high school department, we personally talk and submitted all the accomplishment report to him; he personnaly signed the accomplishment report and some documents for kuntaw Bicol, many important plans and programs we’ve talk and he personally said that he supported me. And during his speech he personally said to all Masters, Instructors and Blackbelts who attended the said Regional meeting that “IF ALL OF YOU DID NOT RESPECT KYUD MICHAEL M. TUSCANO AS THE REGIONAL COMMISSIONER OF KUNTAW BICOL; YOU DID NOT ALSO RESPECT ME AS YOUR GRANDMASTER”. By that saying from his own mouth I assure that GM will be in my side and will support me and believe in me fro the benefit of Kuntaw Bicol.

And last November 21, 2009 the GM call a Regional Seminar held in Naga City and he’s the one who conducted the said seminar with the help of Kyud Onyo (his son). The seminar was successful because almost 80% attended; after the seminar he introduced me as the young and energetic Regional Commissioner of KNP Region 5. After a week he went here in Legaspi City to visit one of my mentor in Kuntaw; we talk and we’ve plan for the improvement of Kuntaw Region 5. That time I experience a true openness and a relationship of a FATHER and SON is present within us. He promised that when he comeback all the plans will be realizable and he will give his support to me. And Kyudai Mely (his wife) also talked to me and gave assurance of her support to all my plans for the benefit of Kuntaw Region 5. First week of December 2009 he went home to America.

And a week after GM left home, I received this announcement that broke my whole life. My name was in the internet including Master Orlando Olavere without any notice or information from us. It affects my dignity, my family, my friends even my work. I did’nt accept it the GM will do that to me. I RESPECT HIM VERY MUCH.. There’s no due process on our part..they deprive our personal rights. Why it happened to us? Our main intention is just to help the Kuntaw to be progressive and competitive to other martial arts; and also to extend support to our fellow kuntawistas. I GIVE MY WHOLE SUPPORT, MY RESPECT, MY SERVICE, MY LOYALTY AND DEDICATION TO KUNTAW; BUT WHAT THE KUNTAW DID TO ME??? By these I make a decision that I will resigned and quit from KUNTAW (IKF & KNP). I think “MABALIK LANG AKO SA KUNTAW (IKF-KNP) KUNG MAIBABALIK NINDA ANG BILOG KUNG PAGKATAWO”..I send emails and text messages to all my members; instructors and some Masters that I resigned from Kuntaw. Some of them don’t want me to resign and quit from Kuntaw because of lack of merit and without due process on my part...i send my letter of resignation to GM and copy furnished Kyudai Alice and the headquarters here but until now year 2010, I have received nothing from him. They said that they will conduct investigation about this; for me it is useless because the damage has been done to me. I full out the two Kuntaw chapter here in the University. I’m very much DISAPPOINTED and my RESPECT to Kuntaw was affected..i personally hate this decision of Kuntaw organization (IKF-KNP) to me. I have nothing to do with this but to accept and pray that it is only a trial by God to me. Kuntaw is within my heart and I owe it to GM. God knows everything and I know that I’ve done good things for the whole Kuntaw. And I know that after these trials, I will be happy…because I know that GOD is with me…and my last word is that “MAKAKARMA MAN SINDA”….”SUMINADAY ANG PAGHILING KO SA KUNTAW (IKF-KNP)”…but today I’m happy because some of the US Kuntaw Masters including recognized organization of Martial Artist in the United States contact me and share their sympathy with me. THEY EXTEND THEIR HANDS TO HELP and SUPPORT ME.

I always put in my mind the Martial Art philosophy that “ IT DEMANDS THE ACHIEVING OF HARMONIOUS VALUES BY INDIVIDUALS WHO LIVE BY PEACE, WISDOM, MORALS, RESPECT, LOVE AND SELF-DISCIPLINE THROUGH INTELLECTUAL MEANS. The primary goal of learning martial arts is to become a BETTER PERSON who lives with a greater understanding of society, and also a greater expectation of a SINCERE LIFE. This time I need to choose and support the organization that RESPECT PERSONAL RIGHTS and understand the Martial Art Philosophy. Since I’m a Martial Artist for almost 15 years it is my game; and it is within the bottom of my heart. And I need to continue my LEGACY TO SERVE, TO SHARE and PROMOTE THE GOOD IMAGE OF A TRUE MARTIAL ARTIS WITH DIGNITY AND DISCIPLINE.

I want to forget the nightmare that came to me. And this time I need to be HAPPY by my own and EXTEND HELP to others without any HESITATIONS that my PERSONALITY will be affected again…GOD is my TRUE GREAT GRANDMASTER..and my TRUE FRIEND that I must TRUST FOREVER.


4 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Hi there .... for a moment, i was a LiL hesitant and had to double take the "... earthling with an opinion!" Hehehe.

Many thanks.
... been thinking of paying AUL a quick visit - am an aLumnus and a practioner myseLf ... had been for quite some time since the mid 80s, was a student of Kyud Master Val.

i finaLy had a chance this morning. i thought, there's a session today - a sunday... but there wasn't; then i stumbLed upon Kyud Mike's pLight through your bLog ... How sad! May i, btw, ask who ur father is? Tnx.

Tinggay said...

Hello. My father wonders the same. May I know your name, sir? :)

Anonymous said...

Dae kana sana magrebok noy makulog sa buot 42 yrs. ako sa kuntaw nagemail ako saimo bago ako nag resign, ika gnai nerekomenda ko dae baga ako nadangog pigapod pa akong tampalasan, naubos baga pati negosyo ko sa talyer. Nagsaderi nasana akong grupo. Paribay mo na sana an tubig sa imong tapayan maylagod na nasa bagong henerasyon na miniral water ibugtak mo.I'll see you soon.

Guro Buzz said...

Let your father know we are coming to see him the 11th of august- I have tried to email him but he does not respond