Mar 19, 2010

Bipolar

I rarely blog about my husband’s illness. It is not something that one can ramble about. It is not something that I can easily talk about. Hubby has this certain attitude about it. He’d say, “It’s there, but why waste time thinking about it?” So, he doesn’t. I do though. Not as often as I used to obviously, but I still do.

While trying to understand hubby’s illness, I came across this blogger Seaneen Molloy. She is a blogger and a manic depressive. I really do not want to go into details discussing what manic depression or bipolar is. If you’re that curious, you can just look it up. Mr. Google is always eager to help.

Anyway, back to Seaneen, she is a fast cyclist. In bipolar language, she cycles from mania to depression quite quickly. And I think without medication, the pendulum rocks quickly for her many times a day. This can be very debilitating and scary. But Seaneen has taken it all in a stride. She’s a trooper in the bipolar land.

It’s fascinating to read her entries. I guess because I understand what she’s going through. I may not understand it the way someone with BPD would understand, but I know how it is like. I’ve seen the hell they go through.

She fascinates me though because she has this certain attitude about the whole illness. She does not relish it. She, however, has a certain attitude about it. An attitude that one can only understand if one starts reading her blog. She’s funny and she’s tough. She’s crazy too – in an entirely non-clinical kind of way.

What I like about her most is that she finds humor in her illness. She has this, “don’t mess with the crazy people” attitude that I find refreshing. Refreshing? Yes, it’s the word that I’d definitely use.

Someday, I’m going to write about hubby and his illness. In fact, I already have a blog for that, but it’s not a blog I’d share with the world. It’s an anonymous one. I haven’t written there for a while because I find that I have no reason to. I could tell his story there. Well, maybe someday.

There’s one thing I know for sure, that story will start with this line, “I know of a brave, brave man – and he is my husband and the love of my life.”


0 Gorgeous People Said --: