Jun 3, 2010

Addressing Jinx’ Query

"Really, hanggang imagination na lang ang mag hotel for a week na sulo, right? Pag may agom ka na and lalo na pag may aki na, guro naging extra extremities mo na sinda. *sigh* Guro kada luwas mong sulo sa harong, may madadangog kang "don't leave home without it" Nag cha-chant sa talinga mo. Ngonyan na agom and mama na ako, I sometimes miss me. i know, it sounds selfish, but...I sometimes miss me!!! Ika, tere? Miss mo naman ika?"
Do I miss me?

Yes, I definitely miss me. I don't think of it though as being selfish. I feel a bit guilty though because I've asked the Husband the same question and he seemed happy about being married and he doesn't seem to miss anything about being NOT married. I, however, miss a lot of things. Of course, like you Jinx, this doesn't mean that I would rather NOT be married. I enjoy all the perks that go with having all that extra extremities. :)

Let's see what do I miss?

I miss having my own bed. As much as I like sleeping next to the Husband, I especially dislike the fact that I often find myself clinging to the the edge, practically falling off while he hogs the bed. I especially dislike the fact that he sometimes snores or makes those nocturnal sounds he does.

I miss having my own room. I miss being on my own sometimes and not having to share.

I miss eating and not having to share. Unfortunately, I've discovered that as a mom, I cannot seem to bear to eat a morsel of anything that Paige wants. I always have to give in.

I miss not being able to pick up and go. It's nice to be able to go somewhere at a moment's notice. Not that I did that all the time, but I loved that fact that I could.

I miss being the master of every aspect of my life. It's something I can't truly claim once I got married. I can never just make any decision. The extra extremities always come first.

Of course, we both know that all these things are inconsequential when we put it into perspective. Like you, I am very lucky to have a husband who forgives me for my idiosyncrasies and occasional bitchiness -- not that you're bitchy like me, are you? :) I know though that we have husbands who humor our whims. So, come to think of it, what's a bed hog in the greater scheme of things? :) Still, I would like to stay in a hotel room for a week – just me alone and my books and a whole lot of movies. :)

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

` hooray for bed-hog husbands! hooray for extra extremities! hahaha!

` and, yep, i can be a bitch, too, intentionally and unintentionally.

` who knows, i might rent the room right next to yours sa hotel. hehehe. just me, my stephen kings, my reds, my junk food and coke.

hmmm...this is what i'm going to do next year's mother's day. treat ko sa sadiri ko. haha!