Oct 7, 2010

I'm the Sun! Hah!

Early this morning, I opened up my Google Reader and checked out interesting blog posts from bloggers I follow. I giggled at Mot's entries. He is a blogger I recently followed by the way. If he is single, I would have tried to match him up with Ms. Francisco. But she's probably tired of matchmaking by now and she'd likely kill me if I dare make the suggestion. After all, she has been quite vocal about her depression. Why are you depressed by the way?

Anyway, I came across Luna's latest entry entitled "What Time of the Day Are You?" I'd usually roll my eyes at this kind of erm.. crap test (sorry Luns) but Luna's test result was -- well, poetic.
You’re the time of day right around sunrise, when the sky is still a pale bluish gray. The streets are empty, and the grass and leaves are a little bit sparkly with dew. You are the sound of a few chirpy birds outside the window. You are quiet, peaceful, and contemplative. If you move slowly, it’s not because you’re lazy — it’s because you know there’s no reason to rush. You move like a relaxed cat, pausing for deep stretches that make your muscles feel alive. You are long sips of tea or coffee (out of a mug that’s held with both hands) that slowly warm your insides just as the sun is brightening the sky.
pale bluish gray... sparkly with dew... mug held with both hands ... see? poetic. (By the way, luns, this perfectly describes you.)

She's 6:49 a.m. I like that. She's 6:49 in the morning - and I wondered what time of the day am I? Am I 7:33? 5:42? 9:15? I wanted to know what time of the day am I as well. So, anyway, I did some Google search to look for the test and I got it. I don't know if it's the right one though. I was not given a specific hour/minute. Instead, I got this result -
You Are Sunrise
You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary. You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.
Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.

All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.
I like this one too. :)
It reminded me of a card I received from a friend. I think I talked about this before. I have received a lot of compliments - I'd likely kill myself if I hadn't... I'm freaking 30 years old. I should be entitled to a few compliments thrown my way, but anyway I digress.

As I was saying, the best compliment I have ever received was given by a girl friend, Cheryl. Back in 2003 (I remember this distinctly because I was with my ass-ex when I got it. I was dating an ass - and you can't forget an ass especially if it bit you in the butt - figuratively speaking, of course). She gave me a Christmas card and it said, "You are like the Sun . Everything gravitates towards you."

I think it's as good as one can get. I'm the freaking sun. Hah. Beat that. This test just confirms it. The cooking and buying gifts part though is not true. I'm too stingy for that.

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

mots said...

salamat sun! heheh :) wag lang amoy araw.

lunatic said...

hahaha! sabi ko na ta makukua mo. :-D I love the statement in red bold letters. that's so great to know!

thanks tere! mwuah!

Tinggay said...

mots, hehe. amoy araw nga eh. :)

luns, thank u. i love that test. :D