Nov 8, 2010

Morbid Threats


Paige is a sassy, silly, funny little girl, but she can be a pain in the ass too. My father calls her "Paige the Menace".

I toyed with the idea of downloading Dennis the Menace for her, but I changed my mind - she might end up burning the whole neighborhood.


I once blogged about the possibility of her having ADHD. Sussette assured me though that she did not see any reason why I should think Paige has it. Although my worry has abated, I still find myself wondering if I should get Paige checked for the condition.

Anyway, I think Paige's problem is not ADHD - it's actually the utter and complete lack of discipline. No, scratch that,
we I discipline her, but it's hard after years of being spoiled by her grandmother.

Anyway, I digress. Yesterday evening, my mother was watching TV while Paige stood in front of the mirror busily removing her boogers. :)

After a few minutes, she casually went to my mother and wiped her fingers on my mother's cheek. And she started laughing.


Busily watching her soap operas, my mother didn't know that she had boogers on her cheeks until I pointed them out to her.

Naturally, Mamu got mad and she started lecturing Paige.
"Bad yan baby! Sabi ko baga saimo, maaanggot ang angel mo. Mauugma ang devil. Sige ka kukuanun ka kang devil, ano Tere?"

Turning to me, she said, "Ne, yan na ngunian ang patakot ko saiya."


She once again addressed Paige, "Tapos magagadan ka, ano Tere?"
Magagadan? I thought. She continued, "Tapos ilulubong ka... tapos maruluwas ang mga bulate sa dungo mo... "

Bulate sa dungo? I thought.

"...maruluwas pati halas sa mata mo, ano Tere?"


Aghast, I just stood there silent. I couldn't believe what she was saying. Then she asked again, "Ano, Tere?"

I gave out a big sigh and then promptly turned away, muttering, "Morbidun man po Mommy pigpaparasabi mo."
I could hear my mother's laughter while I walked away.


2 Gorgeous People Said --:

mots said...

nosebleed..siyet.

mots said...

dalin mo ang magulang mo, pumunta ka sa faculty room (sa aking blog). may bibigay ako sayo :)