Jan 28, 2011

Mamu

Mamu
Yesterday while eating lunch, Mamu asked me about what I'd do with the hectares of rice fields they own once she - they - pass away. I didn't want to talk about her passing away, so I covered my ears and like a child, I started making unintelligible sounds to drown out what she was saying.

I didn't want to talk about her dying. I like to believe that she'll be around for me to spoil when I can finally afford it. I want her to live for another 50 years - so that I'll have enough time to give back everything she gave me. The sacrifices she made for our family - they're immeasurable. 

I want her around because I simply cannot imagine my life without ever hearing her laugh again. It's as simple as that. I derive great pleasure out of making her laugh - and these days, that has seemingly became my role.  

My sister used to make her laugh too.  Kris certainly has a huge talent for making my mother laugh so hard that she'd be gasping for air.  It's easy to make my mother laugh because she loves laughing.  She's silly and funny - and that is why most people she meets fall in-love with her.

Mamu is not feeling well these days - and every time she complains about something hurt, I panic.  The past few years, my mother has become one of my best friends. We've graduated from having just a mere mother-daughter relationship to being friends as well.  If there is one person in my life that I'm not ready to lose, apart from my daughters - that'd be Mamu.  I don't think I'll ever be ready to lose her.

Right now, I can't afford her to give her heart's desires, so I'll just have to settle with making sure that I'll be able to make her laugh a lot more each day.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: