Dec 2, 2011

Three Two


The first time I took notice of her, I was sitting behind her in class.  She was #1 in class - and sometimes #2.  I was often #3 in class, next to her and Lala.  She's a scary loser though.  Well, she used to be.  One time, she ranked 2nd next to Marla, she got mad and she broke Lala's pencil in half.  We were in first grade.

My next memory of her was in 2nd grade.  It was recess and we were playing Chinese Garter.  She was just about to make a jump when her cousin (our classmate) pulled the garter and she fell on her face.  Her front tooth fell off.   I had to wait for her while she gargled and spit out the blood from her mouth.  We were late for our First Communion practice.

From then on, she became a part of my life.  We have seen each other through a lot of things for 24 years.  There are a lot of great memories and a lot of painful ones.  I have seen her grow from a child to the strong woman she is now.  Although, I've always loved her, I have also learned to respect her.  I think she is one of the person in my life that I hold in the highest regard.  She is often stubborn, but she's the kind of person who would always, always do the right thing.

You can never make her cheat or lie.  She has her beliefs and she stands by them.  She values friendship and she values family.  After everything that has happened to her, I have never been so proud of her for being the strong, principled woman that she is.  While I lose respect for some people, I only have the greatest respect for her.  Oh, there were times when she pissed me off.  There were times when I wanted to scream at her.  She's great at pissing me off actually. It's hard to quarrel with her though because she's great at ignoring me until I get tired of being mad. I love her for being like that and for the hundred little things that make her who and what she is - a woman who knows her mind.

We're back to square one, Tin. But let's not give up on lighting candles...like you used to do.  You know what I mean.  I love you to bits.  Go and be fabulous.  Happy Birthday.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: