Jul 7, 2012

An Ordinary Life

I haven't been blogging. It's easy to just tweet a thought at any given moment that I don't find the need to blog anymore.

Life is not that different as well.  Life is... well, the same.  Life is as it should be.  There is nothing extraordinary that is going on, but curiously enough it's the sheer normalcy that makes it all so worthwhile. I'm content and yes, happy.

I can probably right about that, right?  But who would want to read about a happy ordinary life?  An ordinary life is ordinary.  A happy life is an insult to the miserable.

I think people have stopped visiting my blog.  They have stopped wondering if I posted anything new because for months now, I haven't.  I also have started an anonymous blog where I write anything I want. I doubt if anyone I know reads that one. No one knows the URL address, not even my husband.

There are just some thoughts I want to keep to myself.  Ironically, I don't mind sharing the same thoughts to complete strangers who accidentally find that blog - as long as they don't know me.  I like it that way, I can write without worrying about hurting anyone.

I have stories about Paige and Riley, but it's just so easy to share these stories on Facebook that I have stopped writing about them. I should start doing that again. I think my daughters would appreciate that one day.

Life is amazing, isn't it? It's exciting and banal at the same time.  My life, albeit ordinary, is pretty interesting and it's because I am surrounded by amazing people with unique stories.  My friends - all of them are crazy, mind you - have unique lives.  They have different stories to tell.  Truth is, I have the most ordinary story.  They are a bunch of amazing people with unique stories. I can probably write about each of them and submit their stories to "Ate Charo" and I'd get a lot of money.

The thing is life is exciting, but it can change in a single instant.  Something monumental can happen because of just a little ripple.  A small pebble stuck in your shoe could bother you long enough to have you bending over - and this can cause a ripple effect.  This can change your whole life. This can lead you to pursue a course you never planned and submit yourself to a future you never imagined.

I do not lead an extraordinary life. And this is why sometimes, I don't have anything to write about. But you know what?  I love it. I love life and all of its unexpected turns and twists and I just can't wait to see what's around another ordinary bend.  Because you know what?  Life is a tease.

It always dangles a promise of something wonderful.  My life is pretty wonderful right now.  Give me a million dollars and it'll be perfect - but right now, it's pretty wonderful. I am living a life of laughter and a lot of lovin'.


2 Gorgeous People Said --:

vare said...

ikaw na

ikaw na talaga ang idol ko sa pagsusulat!

hehe :)

ako din naman ordinary life lang

kaya nga gusto ko ang blogging

kasi feeling ko ako ang maganda, ako ang smart, ako ang bida!

LOLz

Tinggay said...

hahaha! oo nga eh! pero mas astig ka you have your own domain. ako, barat, hanggang ngayon blogspot pa din. hehe :)