Jul 29, 2013

The Husband Joined a Photo Contest

For almost a week, I had to grit my teeth and bear with the huge embarrassment my husband was heaping on me.

So, last week, I woke up early Monday morning and was greeted by my husband's huge grin and his, "I joined our photo in a contest ba!"  It took a second or so for the words "our photo" to register and then I panicked. You see, I hate photo contests. I hate having my photo bandied around anywhere. I hate the spotlight. I hate being stared at. I hate being the center of attention unless I am asking for it.

I have recently set my Twitter account settings to private and my Facebook status is not open to public or to all of my Facebook friends. I know I am not a big deal but I am not at all comfortable dumping my crap on just anyone.  People don't like my crap. I don't like sharing my crap to everyone.  I know it's ironic that I have this blog.  So, why blog, right? I do not invite people to read my crap on this blog. If you are reading this, that's because you choose to read my crap. So, I am not sorry about this at all. But it's not the same with Facebook and Twitter.  Needless to say, I went on a full-blown "What the Eff Have You Done?!" mode when I saw my picture being shared on Facebook. It wasn't even a picture I'd like to post on my account, so I hate the fact that people were sharing it.

If you are from Goa or the Partido area, you've probably come across the darn thing.  All throughout the week, I kept whining and sometimes snarling at Erbe over the whole thing. It was actually sweet that he chose to post our picture because apparently his love for me is his passion. But I am not just comfortable sharing this to the freaking public. I hate couples - even married ones - who would declare their freaking love for one another on social media. I hate that. Nobody really gives a shit, so if you're happy then be happy. We don't really need to know how much you love each other.  Needless to say, the picture didn't just sit well with me.

At one point, my husband posted it on the Naga City Facebook page - and I went on a full-on murder mode. I started screaming bloody murder.  I probably had him removed the link from a couple of pages and groups as well.

Anyway, he probably won the darn thing. He isn't sure yet, but he got the highest number of votes.  His HS classmates helped him out. I helped out at the last hour - yes, the very last hour.  I finally said, "Get over yourself (after a week of snide remarks)" and finally helped out.

So, here's the pic. You can probably see why I didn't want this getting around anywhere. I know I was a bitch. I am not just comfortable, so sue me.


0 Gorgeous People Said --: