Sep 8, 2013

The Crush Saga


I thought Paige's crush ended when she learned that her "crush" doesn't like her anymore. I was really happy about that. I rejoiced too soon.

Last Saturday, after her Araw ng Wika, we went to McDonalds because she was invited to a birthday party.  After leaving her inside with their yaya, she suddenly came running outside the door and rushed outside the food joint.  Seeing that she was upset, I asked her what happened and she informed me that Zack looked at her sharply, so she didn't want to attend the party anymore.

She was really upset about the whole thing.  I nagged her a little to still attend the party, but she wouldn't budge, so I dropped it. I forgot about the incident until the other day.

She came home after class and she happily told me that she's friends with Zack again. Apparently, she went to the little boy's classroom and he smiled at her. (Cue in the series of "Oh Gods" going through my head). But then since she used the word "friends" not like the word "boyfriend" that she used to bandy around, I listened, nodded appropriately and gave the right responses.

I thought that was over until yesterday.  She went with me to SM to buy cans of house paint. She saw a couple of classmates, and she talked to them. After saying her goodbyes, she turned to me so seriously and said, "May problema NA NAMAN ako mama."

"Problema".  I really find that word coming out of her mouth so freaking hilarious.

But since, you can't ridicule your child's problems ever, I listened to her. Prompting her to go on, I said, "Anong problema bi?"

And she proceeded, "Sinabihan kang Grade 3 si Zack mama na dai ko daa si Zack friend kaya nagparahibi si Zack. Ano na pong gigibuhon ko?" She said it like she was telling me aliens have invaded and we earthlings are all about to die.  I didn't bat an eyelash, but I was imagining myself banging my head on the wall a couple of hundred of times. I said, "Sabihan mo si Zack baby na best friends kamo forever." With relish emphasis on the words "best friends" and "forever".  I told her she could write him a letter if she wants. She gave it some thought and nodded.

Later on, we dropped by National Bookstore to grab some school stuff for her.  I was paying for the items when she approached me, holding a red box shaped like a heart. The box was a bit pricey, so I stared at it warily and asked her what it was for. And then she told me she plans to put her letter for Zack into the box.

I proceeded to bang my head on the counter while the cashier smiled.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: