Jul 15, 2006

This and That

I have been married for months now and I am an expectant mother and handling some major responsibilities… I realized that in the process I am learning a lot of things –

I am learning that I might be bossy, demanding and a person who just wouldn’t let anybody get the last word – but for my hubby, I am to make an exception.

That I am not the head of the family… I am the heart of it.

I learned that my mama loves me to distraction and would give her life for me – because that is what I feel for Paige.

I learned that Daddy must have been really excited when Mama was carrying me and that no matter what I will always be daddy’s little girl – because Paige will be that for my husband.

I learned that when you take on a responsibility – a lot of people will depend on you and they become your responsibility. You cannot just decide without thinking about the number of people that would be greatly affected by your decision.

I have learned that my little sister is not a little girl anymore.

I am learning that I have still so much to learn about my husband. He still surprises me everyday, but the one thing that I have also learned that I will never get used to looking at him and marveling at how lucky I am. I have learned that I will never get used to his face.

I have learned that I am slowly becoming a grown-up who sometimes wish I could just stay the girl I was with my Daddy and Mama and continue to giggle with my little sis.