Sep 4, 2006

remembering the Ex


Yesterday, I was sitting inside the car, holding Ikay, trying to fend off the mosquitoes swarming around us while we waited for Erbe to finish his grocery.

The airconditioning was down and the heat was stifling.

It was dusk... Ikay was asleep and I was looking at her...

and looking and looking...

And suddenly, it struck me, "This little girl is what my life was all about..."

My life cumulates to that moment -- I was a mother and I was holding my little girl.

And my whole 26 years of existence flashed before my eyes and I thought of the EX.
That one EX who made so much of an impact that He was never forgotten -- that I even thought of him on the days preluding my wedding. Because he was just there.

He believed that some people could always be a part of your life. Someone who could be in your past could still be in the future. As if you two are a part of this story. And you're both waiting for the rising action...and ultimately for the climax. As if the things that happened between then and now are just the part of the story.

And I always wondered.

And yesterday while I was looking at Ikay -- I realized that my life was not about any rising actions... It was because precisely of that moment...

When I was sitting inside a car, fending off mosquitoes, waiting for my husband (the love of my life) to arrive with the ingredients for his menudo, watching the dusk turn to night..

...holding my little girl...