Jun 19, 2008

Why I Can't take a Bath for Longer than 5 Minutes

Isn't it weird? No matter how lousy you feel, the minute you take a bath, you feel a whole lot better. Bathing does that to me. I guess it's the reason why I can't sleep at night without having had taken a bath. It's the same reason why I put up a big ruckus if Erbe would refuse to take a bath at night. I'd argue that it's a matter of respect. If you respect your spouse, you would make sure that you would go to bed clean. That's all there is to it.

A while ago, Erbe was refusing to take a bath. He said, he wanted to go to sleep so he could get up early for work. This did not sit well with me. So, I turned on the television so freaking loud and turned on the computer stereo volume and threatened him with the noise all night long.
As I am typing this, he is taking his bath. Good.

The weird thing about me though is that although I take a bath at least three times a day, I can't stay in the bathroom for longer than 5 minutes -- even if it kills me!
It's not that I don't do all the girl stuff in there. I do. I shave.
I trimmed -- well, you know what.
Shampoo, conditioner, shampoo. rinse.
Soap. Keep it for 3 minutes.
Rinse.
Soap again. Rinse again.
Facial scrubs, body scrubs, rinse.
Everything! But for the life of me I can't stay there long enough to give justice to the words "leisurely bath".

I was once staying in this dormitory. There were at least 6 or more shower stalls but there was this particular shower stall where we all want to take our "leisurely bath". If I happen to be in the stall, I'd hear the girls waiting outside saying, "Who's in there? Tere? Oh, that's okay. She'll be out in 3 minutes."
Hmp!
So, I'd try and try to stay for longer than 3 minutes. I barely last five. *sigh


I guess I can blame this to my childhood. Well, you can blame everything to your childhood.
I lived with my cousins and my sister. There were ten of us who were fighting over the bathroom every morning. You'd have someone pounding on the door if you take longer than 5 minutes. So, I learn to move very, very fast.

-- the rest of this entry was deleted --

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

ay dear, about peeping toms, there are so many of them talaga sa kinaban! i remember gords leaving us a letter nung internship about our landlord's son being a peeping tom, too. he wrapped the letter in tissue and re-wrapped it in masking tape para sigurado kami na dai nabuksan nung katabang ninda and magsumbong sa aki ng landlord mi. life talaga!

Anonymous said...

only 5 minutes? that's fantastic for a woman taking a bath. i spend not less that 15 minutes.

SheR. said...

Me too. I can't understand a 30-min shower??? Let alone a bath?? What the **** do you do inside???

My fiance will start showing me that to clean each area of the body thoroughly, one needs 3 mins? Eeks! Impossible.. guess that's just the same thing as how long ladies take to go to the toilet?? It shouldn't take more than 3 mins!! :P