Jan 12, 2010

My Favorite Erbe Story

It was Erbe's birthday yesterday. He is 35 now and I tease him a lot about his age; although I'd often end it with "guapo man giraray" just so, you know, he won't feel so bad about aging.

Erbe is a very private person. It took me some time before I can extricate stories from him. He hates rumors or entertaining them. He keeps things to himself and he rarely shares stuffs. He doesn't get mad at anyone - except me. Of course, I am the only person he allows to see him vulnerable. I think I am the only person with whom he is truly himself. He is genuinely a kind person; although it can be a bit irritating because I am far from being kind. I speak my mind and I often get into trouble because of this. In truth, Erbe and I are the complete opposite of one another.

Anyway, a couple of years ago, Erbe's Aunt Lerma told me a story about my husband. It's a story that I would like to share.

It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon. She was hurrying home, holding the right mango she just bought. The fruit looked so delicious she was excited to eat it. She thought it would be even more delicious if a little bit chilled. So, she thought of placing it inside her Mamay's refrigerator first.

Her Mamay's house is just right across their own house, so she thought her mango would be safe. She can leave it for an hour at least and she could eat it once chilled.

So, she entered the house, went to the kitchen, open the refrigerator and carefully placed her mango inside. There, she thought.

She went outside the house and entered their own house.

After an hour, she remembered her mango. It must be so cold now, she thought. Her mouth practically watered at the thought of eating the ripe fruit. So, she hurriedly went to her Mamay's house and run towards the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and she saw her mango.

She reached for it and picked it up expecting a chilled fruit. but the whole thing crashed on her hand!

She started fuming. All that was left of the delicious fruit is it's skin. The whole fruit was cut into two, the flesh was eaten and the skins were carefully cupped in order to look like the mango wasn't at all touched!

She was so furious. She instantly knew who the culprit the was - it was that Noy Pat. Now, she began planning her revenge. How can she get back at that little brat without her Mamay getting mad at her too.

Just then she saw him. He was acting oh-so-innocent - as if he wasn't guilty of anything. Oh, but she knows. She knows exactly what he did!


Erbe forgot that he ever did this until I reminded him. He began laughing and admitted that he indeed ate the mango and placed it back, carefully positioning it like was never touched.

Erbe's Aunt Lerma is a big-shot executive at Jollibee Corporation now. She regularly travels to Europe for business stuffs. She swears Philippine ripe mangoes are the best. She still hasn't gotten back at Erbe for eating that mango a long time ago.

:)





1 Gorgeous People Said --:

Summer said...

hahaha..thanks for sharing that story tere!