Mar 9, 2011

Greek Final Episode: Legacy



Erbe knocked on the door and I opened it - and then I started bawling in front of him. I turned, threw myself on the bed and continued with my shoulder-rocking-complete-with-snorting type of crying. I was devastated over the end of one of my favorites shows, Greek.

Okay, I felt rather silly, but I really felt like somebody died on me. I was that devastated - still am. What makes me feel rather stupid though is that I am freaking 30 years old and I shouldn't be crying over these types of shows.

Admittedly, though I was merely 27 when I started watching it. I watched the whole thing and I fell in-love with every character, with Scott Michael Foster particularly.

The ending was appropriate. Greek is all about college life and it was just apt that the show would end when Cappie finally graduated - he was after all the life of the show. The finale, however, was a huge cliffhanger. It left me with a lot of questions -

Did Rusty find another house for the KT?
Did Rusty and Ashleigh last?
What happened to Cappie and Casey once they reached Washington? Did they get married?
What happened to Rebecca and Evan? Did they get back together?
What happened to the KTs?
What happened to Dale?

But then again, the show is all about college. Life does not end in College. What was so important then will be just mere memories you smile at 10 years after. You lose friends along the way. You end relationships. The person you thought means life to you will just be a mere memory - or sometimes, if you're lucky, may turn out to be merely a good friend.

I guess that's what saddens me - not knowing whatever happened to the characters I fell in-love with. Life takes you to different routes and it's gritty and it's not fair most of the time. I would have wanted to know that all of them turned out well. I would have wanted to know that their relationships lasted and that each of them have 3 healthy babies and happy marriages. But that's not what I got. I got cliffhangers - and of course, that's college. Because once you step out of those gates, you are in for a big shock. It's either you make it or you don't.

Sometimes, I miss those years though. I miss Tin, Sette and yes, even Guing. I miss them. I miss the organization. I miss the silly fights, the long talks, the sleepovers, the college activities, the exams - and yes, I miss the excitement. I miss not knowing what is ahead but then having the promise that something wonderful and bigger is meant for me. I miss the youth. I miss falling in-love and the despairs of falling in-love.

Oh, well, that's all behind me now. For a while, I relived it through this show, but it's all over now. Just as it should be.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: