Jul 13, 2011

My Latest Embarrassing Story

Just before going home yesterday afternoon, I decided to drop by Jollibee to get something for Paige and the Husband.  After giving my order, I began planning Paige's birthday plans in my head.  I was waiting for my order.  It was so weird. I just went blank and I just stood there.  I saw the cashier preparing my order.  I saw her talking to me.  I saw her mouth was moving, but her words weren't registering at all. I was busy budgeting in my head.

Once again, I saw her gesturing at my order placed in front of me, but I just glanced at the food and I continued thinking. I didn't realize everybody was waiting for me and looking at me strangely.  I stood there for what felt like a whole minute.


Finally, I snapped back to reality and I realized what I was doing - and this was only after the customer behind me finally gathered the guts to brave the crazy woman stupidly standing in front of the cashier staring at the menu, not saying anything. Oh, in my head, I was wondering where I can possibly find helium so I can blow up balloons the night before Paige's birthday so she'd wake up with balloons in the ceiling.

Anyway, I finally looked at the cashier - really looked at her - and then I asked, "Is this my order?" She nodded with a strange look on her face. I was so embarrassed. Red-faced, I scurried outside. Talk about embarrassing. Why do I do these things? Geeze.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: