Jan 5, 2013

The Supermom

When you're a mom, you learn that you're expected to fix everything.  It doesn't matter what it is.  Your children see you as this "superwoman" who goes about life, making their lives easier, better, happier.  So, when your child asks you to fix a toy that her sister broke, then you damn well better fix the toy.

It's not optional.

So, that's what I did. I tried fixing the damn bike. I grabbed the Epoxy tubes and tried to glue the damn thing back together.  It took me two hours, but the broken parts just wouldn't stick together. I tried stringing them together. It took me half an hour to realize it was impossible. I tried for more than two hours - all the while, cursing at the damn thing. I couldn't even scold Riley who broke the toy.  And Paige sniffling and crying drove me nuts.  I wanted to cry myself. So, I put down the toy, called up Erbe and spent a couple of minutes ranting.  When I felt a little better, I went back to fixing the damn thing.

But after two hours, I gave up. I thought that was the end of it. I made a mental note to buy a toy for Paige the next day.

And the kids and I went to sleep.

The next day, Paige opened her eyes and asked if her toy is fixed already. It's like she expected me to stay up the night until I fixed the toy. I didn't want to disappoint her, but honestly, I just can't fix it.

Frustrated, I grabbed the toy, grabbed the scotch tape and scotch taped the hell out of the damn thing - and voila! It's fixed!  Paige didn't mind the ugly tape. She was so happy that she could play with it again.  And I was happy that I was, once again, her supermom.


She believes I have powers, you see.  It's because she thinks my kiss can cure any ache and pain.

I'll let you in a little secret... it does.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: