Apr 4, 2013

I Hate Cartoons...Now!



I’ve recently downloaded Windows Live Writer and I’ve rediscovered my love for blogging. I like the software. I do not have to log onto blogger just to write a blog post. I can just write it from here. I like that.

We’ve just finished watching Little Mermaid Part 1, 2 and 3. God, if I see that blasted half-fish-half-spoiled imbecile again, I’d bloody well scream. Riley likes her and Paige adores her, and they love to watch her over and over again. I used to love the movie until I was forced to watch it a million times and one.  I used to love Ariel. In fact, I loved the movie so much I had memorized the lines. Now, I hate it. I hate it so much. The only way that I could tolerate watching it over and over again is to sing the songs along with every blasted singing fish, crustacean and octopus. This is kind of ironic, I know.

I used to love cartoons. Cartoon Network was one of my favorite channels back in College…yes, college. I’d flip through channels, ignore BBC and CNN and spend a couple of hours on Cartoon Network before I jump to MTV. My best friend loves cartoon as well – and she loved Ariel. Every time, she’d be asked to sing a song during our initiation week, she’d belt out her Little Mermaid song. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard her sing that song over the course of 7 days. But boy, does she love Ariel and she loves cartoon – and that’s one thing we had in common.

A friend used to ridicule us for liking cartoons. He was..well, a self-professed hater of anything asinine, childish and immature like cartoons and country music. I don’t know why he hated country music. He still does. He hates rain too and everything else that I liked. No wonder…

But well, anyway, I’ve recently discovered that I’ve come to hate cartoons. No, hate is a strong word. I don’t hate it. I just don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. It’s probably because I am now forced to watch the same animated films over and over again.  In fact, I predict, I’d probably see Croods six hundred thousand times the minute I download it or buy a DVD for Paige.

I never imagined this day would come. I’ve always thought I’d loved cartoons until I die. I’m probably dead and I just don’t know it. Dead from watching too much Despicable Me and Toy Story.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: