Dec 28, 2007

Benazir Bhutto and Buto


Back in High School, I had to know by heart the history of Pakistan. I was then 14-years-old, but I knew who Benazir Bhutto was.
We always had a difficult time saying the word, "Bhutto" because in our local dialect there is the word, "Buto" which if you must know means, "Testicles".
So, whenever we had to pronounce the word, "Bhutto", you could probably imagine the giggling behind your back.
It was really difficult to say the word then. So, I never forgot Benazir Bhutto.

Anyway, knowing their story, I was saddened by the news of her being assassinated.
I was saddened by the truth that sometimes somebody has to be assassinated before people would act against the atrocities of the government.


But you know what? I think this country (Philippines) needs someone to be assassinated. This country is begging for someone to be a hero -- to sacrifice his or her life -- before people would wake up from their stupor and do something about our hateful president.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: