Dec 26, 2007

My Unfortunate Christmas Dinner


It's ironic how things turn out. I budgeted our money so that I'd be able to keep my promise to my mother that she would not have to worry about Christmas dinner because we'd take care of it. So, on top of every thing we have to buy -- diapers, milk, medicines, etc -- I made sure that we'd have one hell of a Christmas dinner.

But while I was worrying about the freakin' dinner, my parents were worried about their chickens. I've even teased my mother about how she sees Christmas as an opportunity to sell more blasted roasted chickens. They were worrying about how many chickens they'd be able to store, marinate and sell.

They were able to basically store hundreds of chickens. Hundreds and hundreds of blasted chickens. And for the last couple of days, they were busy buying and marinating chickens.

So while I was busy slaving away cooking our Christmas dinner, some I cooked in advanced, some I cooked on the 24th, my parents were pretty busy with their chickens. Erbe even jumped right into the chicken obsession and helped out. So, I was left alone with the stove.

I cooked one heck of a Christmas dinner. Unfortunately, they were all so tired that they ate their dinner one by one and went to bed. Nobody got up for Christmas Eve.

You could say that the chickens stole my Christmas Dinner from me.

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

awww.... I hope that chicken won't interfere with your new year :)