May 25, 2008

Gratitude


I want to remind myself of the countless things that I should be grateful for. And I am humbled by the number of blessings I have. I am grateful for --

The way my daughter’s eyes crinkle when she smiles at me the minute I open my eyes. She would usually lie down beside me and sing, “Twinkle, twinkle little star” or would be doing some picture reading of her books while she waits for me to wake up. She’s magical to me. She is. I am eternally grateful.

Erbe. No words can describe how much I am grateful for having him. He bears with me, forgives me and at the end of the day loves me.

My mother, as you probably are grateful for yours.

Kris, my insanely outlandish sister. She never fails to amuse me with her crazy ideas. Just this afternoon she was nagging me to do underarm bleaching with her.

Faith. Because I never seem to lack any.

Sanity. One year of Sanity for my husband. No monsters. No evil. For whatever made him happy and for whatever made him sane.

Riza and Erbe’s aunts. For loving Erbe unconditionally.

Cori. She never fails to make me smile with her odd facial expressions. They say the apple does not really fall too far from the tree.

Acceptance – this is what Erbe needed the most. Thank you, God.

Peace of mind. I have this so I have everything.

McDo’s double cheeseburger. Just pure heaven.

Coffee Crumble Ice cream. I craved for it the whole day. I got it this evening.

Being able to sleep peacefully the whole night through last night because Erbe took care of Paige the whole night.

Kisses. Lots of it. From Erbe, Paige and my Mom. Yes, my mom, despite the fact that I’m 28 years old!

Grey’s Anatomy. Finally, Meredith and Derek are back together. The season ender was just great!

The fact that I know there is always “something wonderful” waiting for me. I’ve proven this.

That there are still people who are opposing war and poverty.

Taylor Swift. Her songs are good reminders of the good old days when I had a huge crush on my bestfriend.

Kindness. Because it still exists.

Ebay! I’ve just discovered the lovely benefits of Ebay!

Writing. Because I’m making a good living.

Friends. Just because I know they're there despite everything.

Lexine. For healing Nette's broken heart.

And finally, the fact that I still have so many things that I am grateful for but I just cannot write them all.

What about you? What are you grateful for?

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

I'm grateful...
My mother who is my strength and light in my life.
My fiance who loves me for who I am.
My two best mates Louise and Miaojun for being there whenever I need them.
All my relatives who love me and accept me as family.
My blogger friends (or those I consider friends) that kept my company when I am alone.
My head chef who helped me find myself and my love for my profession.
For the food that is always on the table.
For all these I am contented to be alive!

Unknown said...

Am grateful that i can remember where i parked my car.

Tinggay said...

Sher, isn't it nice to remember what we have to be grateful for? The thought always leave you with a warm feeling inside.

yeah, hehe. That's right. But with the price of gas these days, losing your car might not be so much of a big deal. It's costing you more! just kidding!