May 15, 2008

China's Death Tolls for Us All

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Today, the news said that death toll in China has risen to
20,000.
20,000 families have lost their loved ones.
20,000 families are grieving. Half of them are waiting to have their children removed from the rubble.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am greatly saddened by this news.
At the same time, I am deeply thankful that I have my daughter sleeping beside me tonight; and I am guilty that I feel blessed.
I am not better than them.
I wonder how it works. I wonder why God decides the way He does.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Reading the news and seeing the pictures, I was wondering,
"What were you thinking, God?"

20,000.

It's the Great Flood all over again.
There was
no Noah's ark this time.
Nobody
had a choice.


6 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

It is so terrible, and gives us reason to be thankful. Each, and every single day for our good fortune.

earthlingorgeous said...

Yeah it's horrible what happened in China, I was wondering how come the news about just came a day after the incident too. Imagine 20,000 dead and I was being childlike complaining about my intermittent net service again making my life uncomfortable that day.

I'm so thankful we live in a safe place away from natural disasters. I am dry and comfortable. Thank God!

Dawn Drover said...

I don't like to think God is picking and choosing... I think it's just an act of nature. Even if it is very sad...

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the earthquake that hit baguio years ago.

it's a scary and dangerous world we live in, but it's our home.

The_Sphinx's World said...

I feel so sad watching the pictures from the scene of disaster. All the innocent victims, especially the children gave me goosebumps. The death toll is mounting and it is so terrible and yes, I feel that everywhere else, the thought of each person is gratitude that it didn't happen in their place. I am grateful that we were spared but yes, I do feel guilty that they were not.

Tinggay said...

Tam, this kind of tragedy really reminds us how fortunate we are, aren't we? The latest news said that the children tried to pass time underneath the rubbles by singing pop song. It's truly heartbreaking.

Earth, I had that moment too. I saw a picture of a father crying over the school bag of her daughter. And I held my daughter a little bit tighter.

Dawn, I think God has a hand on it. God controls everything. They say that he has given us free will, but sometimes he interferes. He always has a good reason. At least China has opened its doors to foreign aid. it's a huge step for China.

Jinky, that occurred to me too. it's scary. There are still people being rescued alive after 3 days. they're calling the stories -- miracles.

Sphinx, thank you for understanding. I feel guilty but I'm truly grateful for the gift.